Saturday, July 25, 2009

Only Your Mercy

Here's the lyrics to another song that has been echoing in my soul lately. "Echoing in my soul..." It almost sounds dramatic, but it has been nothing less than reality. It paints the picture of what the Lord has made abundantly clear to me lately, that it is only by His grace that I am saved. I have added nothing to His finished work on the cross - it was sufficient for my salvation.


All He required of me was faith - to believe and trust in the sacrificial love of Jesus, to believe that His blood shed on the cross would pay the debt of all my sin. And by those wounds I have been made right with God - by His wounds I have been healed.


It is only by His doing that I am who I am - a sinner transformed into a saint. Not meaning I am perfect, but that I belong to Him. I am His beloved bride He gave His life for, and in return I have given Him mine. He has proven Himself trustworthy; He withheld nothing in order to purchase my freedom from sin, not even His own life.


It was His life and death that freed me from sin; this song reminds me that it was all because of Him. "We love Him because He first loved us."
(p.s. - this one too sounds much better with music, but the words still speak to me)


Only Your Mercy

Only Your mercy, only Your grace
Only Your Spirit, brings us to faith
O what a wonder that You chose us first
Not by our merit but Your perfect work

Only Your goodness, only Your love
Only Your pardon, poured out in blood
Your righteousnes exchanged for our sin
Oh what a Savior oh what a friend

Jesus we long to worship You
And give You all glory and praise
All that You are
All that You have
We have received by faith

No comments: