Thursday, September 11, 2008

Regarding my Current Music Selection

Well, my music selection consists entirely of songs that I love. Thus, it's my music selection. Sadly, I do not have all the songs I wish to have on here (they're simply unavailable... nonexistent... no, I'm not pouting...).

Nevertheless, the songs I do have on here mean a lot to me, so I figured I'd briefly write down a reason (or two) why they do.


1) Deeper - It's quite simple; it's an amazing song by an amazing band. And it's just like that old hymn, "I keep falling in love with Him, over and over, and over and over again..." Knowing the Lord is just that good.

2) Mighty is the Power of the Cross - The cross is the place I keep having to return to, remembering that I never earned my salvation, that I don't have to struggle to keep my standing with God. It was through the cross that I was set free and made clean through the blood of Jesus. So to me, the Power of the Cross is indeed Mighty; without it, there is no freedom.

3) All We Need - Here's a fun one. "All we need is [Jesus]." You wouldn't think I believe by the way I carry on and worry at times. But at the end of any circumstance, whether a financial situation, or friendship crisis, you name it, here's what I find. All I need is Jesus. He's more than enough for me. He will provide and take care of any need, any situation. Having Him is having everything I'll ever need.

4) Facedown - Sometimes, I'm just to slow to get on my knees, get on my face, and worship. This song serves as a reminder to me that God sits enthroned above the earth, and I am His servant. He is the King, and when I'm in the glory of the presence of the King, should I not fall facedown in reverence to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? And what better way to acknowledge the glory of the King, than to not just think it, but fall before Him in worship.

5) Jesus Paid It All - Just like I mentioned earlier, it's amazing that the Lord paid it all in full. There's nothing left for me to do; there's nothing left for me to worry about. That is freedom.

6) Forever and Ever - This is just a fun song, with good truth. Everything I need I find in Jesus when I'm willing to surrender it all to Him. And remembering that "I am His, and He is mine" never gets old. And it won't get old; I'll have eternity to enjoy it.

7) Your Smiling Face - I just so happen to be the luckiest, or rather, the most blessed man I've ever ran into. And this is the song that always (always) puts a smile on my face, because the only thing I can think about is my Hannah. Yeah, we have our moments, but I'm never happier than when I'm with her. She's the greatest blessing I've ever had enter my life, and I love her. She's a treasure to me, and I sure couldn't make it without that smiling face of hers.

8) Never Gonna Be as Big as Jesus - Quite frankly, if ever I'm thinking too highly of myself, I should simply remember the greatest person ever humbled Himself to become a servant; He came to serve, not to be served. So I'll serve Him, the God Most High who humbled Himself even to the point of death on a cross. If that's what a "big" person does, how "big" do I really think I am?

9) Blessed - This is actually the wrong song title... it's a song called "Now that you're near" (or something equivalent). I love it because it say, "Now that you're near, everything is different; everything's so different." And different means good. After all, I'm being changed (or I should be being changed) into the image of Christ. Since He came to save me from my sin, I imagine this 'different' I keep experiencing will become something I love more and more. (note: being forged in the fires may lead to being burned, but at least I know the final product will be better, and it will be lasting)

10) When I think about the Lord - When I think about the Lord, and meditate on Him, what else could my response be but say "Hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord you're worthy! Of all the honor, all the glory, and all the praise!" Unless I'm being totally self-centered in the moment, that's the only reasonable conclusion, the only reasonable response. He's taking all my guilt, called me a 'Son of the Lord God Almighty,' thank you Jesus!


These are just some of the songs that mean much to me. I hope they bless you too.