Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost Two Weeks Later

Tomorrow will make two weeks from the day I asked Hannah to marry me (and I'll say it again... she said YES). Since that day, it has been a blast telling everyone I can think of about it. The story of November the eighth has not grown one bit boring to me in my mind at all. Every detail about that day still amazes me (including the details of the proposal... that was a blast!).

In the process of telling everyone, I've had all sorts of responses. There are those who are way too happy for their own good about it (and I love that response lol), those who say "congrats, I hope it works out" (and it will!), and the people who don't seem to know what to say.

And the fun part about this process is this... You find out how many people really love you. Now, I'm not shallow and saying that if someone gets more excited, they love you more. But I do know for a fact that all over the place both Hannah and I have been blessed with people in the family, church, workplace, and more offering to do things for us. So many people are willing to serve in whatever capacity in order to make the process easier for us.

It's actually humbling, to know how many people love you and are willing to go the extra mile (or extra miles) in order to have a great and stress-free start to married life.

To all you people, I say thank you! Hannah is the one person in this world who means everything to me, and this whole spectrum of people who celebrate with us make it more feasible to enjoy this season of planning and preparing for that blessed day.

2 comments:

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

Hey Handsome,
I love this post, because it truly speaks to the special nature of Harvest Church. We are truly a very relational church and it shows.

Sheila Atchley said...

Your future mother in law is juuuuuust trying not to hyperventilate. I'm absolutely thrilled, happy beyond my own motherly-dreams....and thinking to myself, "MAY WILL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT!!"