Monday, November 10, 2008

I am the Happiest Man Alive!

Yes, I am the happiest man alive. I just had the best weekend of my life. After the most wonderful fourteen months of my life, I asked Hannah to be my wife (and to all the smart-alecs in the world... she said YES!). She is by far the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I get to keep her all the rest of my days.

We've both been so blessed. The Lord has blessed us so tremendously along the journey. The Lord even was so awesome to help me with the process of asking. I wanted nothing less than to be able to honor her and let her know how much I loved her. So I made plans, and made plans, and there were some kinks that just wouldn't get worked out. I struggled and struggled to finish out the plans, but it was the Lord who guided me to the perfect idea.

So I can't take too much credit, if any at all. He's been at work amidst our relationship to shape us, and cares about us enough to work wonderfully in the whole process.

I have found more than a good thing; I've found the best thing. And I agree with all the people who have told me that "I am marrying up"! :)

I couldn't be happier; we couldn't be happier. It seems too amazing to be reality, and all we seem to be able to do is rejoice in the Lord and praise Him, and thank Him for His many blessings. Some of these blessings include both sides of the family who are rejoicing along side us, and another one of these blessings is a church full of people who are rejoicing with us.

The Lord has been so good to us. I apologize if I linger in the clouds for a couple of ... years, but I'm just ecstatic beyond belief.

And if you want to see the ring on the lovely hand of the future Mrs. Justin McConnell, there are pictures at http://www.plantedandrootedinchrist.blogspot.com, my future wife's blog, and also at http://www.aseasonofharvest.blogspot.com, my future mother-in-law's blog.

Thanks for rejoicing with us!

2 comments:

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

Oh, my handsome man... I'm so excited and I couldn't be happier than to know that I'm going to be yours: )

Jonathan Trentham said...

Again, I wish to congratulate both of you! WAY TO GO!!!

-Jonathan