Sunday, December 14, 2008

Something to Celebrate

It's always fun when it comes to the end of the semester. You've worked your tail off the whole year, and you work off your tail for the final exams. And just like many precious things, they only last but a moment. Thankfully they've come and gone, and I did alright. I passed with flying colors, and was very excited when I finally got the results. (I had to wait a full week after one exam before the professor finally posted my final grade for the class... oh the impatience of me...)

And there's more to celebrate still. The Charkosky's (sp?) were able to bring their beautiful baby to church today - she's precious. All the women-folk were very anxious to see her and hold her. To be honest, I myself can't wait to get to hold her either, but I may just have to wait a while for my turn :)

And yet more to be thankful for and celebrate. Technology is such a blessing. Normally in order for Joe Ewen to be able to minister to the body, he has to fly all the way across the Atlantic from Scotland to see us. But thanks to technology and skype, he was able to pray over people in front of his computer, and thereby encourage and edify the body. God is just that big, to minister to people when the man of God praying for them is across the ocean. What a mighty God we serve!

I'm going to stop here for the day, but there's so much in life worth celebrating. There's so much to be thankful for, and I hope everyone is able to see all the wonderful things in life amidst the hard times. So what if it's cold outside; so what if it's cloudy and gloomy this winter. How else are we going to get the snow we all hope for?

No comments: