Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almost There!

Tomorrow morning I will drive out to campus, walk to my classes, and take my last final exams as a single person. And then, in exactly two weeks, I shall be married to the most wonderful woman in the entire world.

It's such an exciting time... not only am I able to get another semester behind me (and consequently so much closer to being done with school!); I am also on the verge of starting a new life with my soon-to-be bride. And on top of that, the grace of God has been working its way into my life, and bringing freedom as it is revealed. Now, that's exciting. It seems like everything in my life is screaming, "You're almost there! Hang in there!"

Sure enough, I'm seeing more of the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't graduated yet, but I shall finish (and finish strong!). It won't be too much longer.

I can almost see my bride turning the corner, and walking down the aisle so we can start our new life together. Two weeks to go, with more work to do, but I am ever so glad I won't have to wait forever.

Pertaining a revelation of the grace of God in my life, more and more is coming in. As I said, it's bringing freedom: freedom from guilt or shame, freedom from fear, freedom to move forward, freedom from worry, and more...

But it's not as clear as I wish it were right now. The lights are coming on, and the biggest thing is I'm realizing this freedom has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with what Jesus did on my behalf, because I could not and cannot do it for myself. In Jesus Christ, all the promises of God are "Yes." So when God says my sins are forgiven, they have indeed been blotted out. When God says he now sees me without a blemish, in Christ I have been made perfect, a new creation.

It's still coming in; I know I won't be able to see it perfectly while I'm still clothed in this flesh, but I know there's so much more that has been revealed to me. But with each new bit, I feel I'm being drawn closer to the heart of God. Even though I still mess up, I am reminded that "there is no condemnation for those found in Christ Jesus." So that can't keep me from knowing God more, and this wonderful grace that has been given me.

And anything that sets itself up in opposition to me, "if God is on our side, who can be against us?" And even more so, "We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus..." There is absolutely nothing that can remove me from this grace in which I stand. And I long to know more about this security I now possess through Christ. I know more than I did yesterday, and the day before, but I need more.

I feel it; I'm on the edge of something more. I'm almost there, not by my efforts, but the Lord who is speaking this grace to my heart. He is accomplishing this work. I am doing nothing to obtain this; I just get the privelege of receiving it. What a blessed man I am.

1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

Now, the big day is less than two weeks away!!!

::snifffff::

Great post, son!