Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June is here, and so am I

Welcome back Justin!

May has passed, with all of its glories, and now my mind is returning to me.

I'll go ahead and admit it. Sometimes I tend to have a proud streak. Before the wedding, everyone told me that it would all be a blur. I believed them, partially. Surely I'd be able to remember more than they say... But June is here, and I do believe I hardly remember the month of May.

But that is just fine with me! I am now happily (very happily) married to the love of my life, and we are starting our new adventure together. I couldn't be happier, having reached this stage in my journey with the Lord. This is part of the journey with the Lord.

Right now I am still in school and I work at Chick-fil-a. Hannah lost her job earlier this year before the wedding, so we're still waiting for the Lord to bring the right job for her. It really is a time of faith and growth for the both of us, together. But I wouldn't have it any other way. We are exactly where the Lord wants us.

Sure, we could have waited for me to be totally done with school, or waited til Hannah had the job she wanted. But that's just not where we're supposed to be. The time to get married was May 15th, and my beautiful bride was given to me by her parents. (Thank you thank you thank you!!)

So May flew by, June is here, and I am very excited two and a half weeks into our journey.

==================================================================================

Also, I want to say thank you to our many family members for the beautiful wedding (note, Harvest Church is family; we are blessed with a very large family). We couldn't have done it without you. We are still being blessed by the generosity of everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May your new life with your lovely be blessed with all the riches of our Lord!